PET CARER & DOG WALKER – CASUAL INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ROLES AVAILABLE
EASTERN SUBURBS & INNER WEST
Pawsome Pet Services is on the hunt for new casual Pack Members to join our team. Are you passionate about and love dogs, cats and all pets big or small? Do you genuinely care about animal welfare?
Spend your day dreaming of work/life balance and being outdoors even during periods of unpredictable weather?
Do you thrive for fitness and happily receive slobbery kisses whilst giving fuzzy tummy rubs?
Don't mind looking a bit homeless after a fun day being jumped on and covered in paw prints and fuzz?
Are you self-motivated, a good time manager and a friendly individual with the patience of a saint and pack leadership skills that even humans come running to you?
Are you adaptable, responsibly reliable and able to commit to working 3 hours/day for us with potential for those interested to move into a full-time role as the business in your area grows further?
Do you have excellent communication skills?
If you answer YES to all of the above, then read on as you could be that unique individual we are looking for to join the friendly Pawsome Family! As a Pawsome Pet Carer your day to day activities will be:
- Dog Walking – Group and Individual (including driving to pick up and drop off dogs). Interacting (play), exercising and socialising groups of no more than 4 dogs at various of dog friendly parks and beaches. Ensuring safety and care at all times and disposing of poop.
- Communicating with clients and staff.
- Client Consults
- Pet Home Visits – dogs, cats, rabbits to name a few.
- Providing general basic obedience skills using positive reinforcement
- Pet Taxi (owner/pet to-from Vets)
- Going the extra mile on occasions for our Clients and their pet(s)
- Ensure all daily administrative duties around scheduling system is kept up-to-date
- Participate in promotional activities and events
- Administering basic first aid and animal medication
- Basic grooming
You will report to the Sydney Pack Leader and will hit the ground running spending the first couple of weeks onboarding with us, where you will become equipped with the right level of skills and confidence that will empower you to work independently spreading the Pawsome Family love.
Preference will be given to those with prior animal experience, studying or intending to further their education in a recognised companion animal care course, veterinarian health or related study. Ideally you will live in or be close by Eastern Suburbs as it helps to be familiar with the area you are servicing.
Successful candidates will have a full drivers licence and access to a pet friendly vehicle, have their own ABN number and carry public liability insurance. You must be agreeable to our police and reference checking protocol. Only persons with unlimited rights to work in Australia need apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
A competitive rate is on offer and all members of our pack will be supplied with everything they need for a safe and happy work environment. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and explain why you would be the perfect candidate.